Newsletters for Front-end developers
By Mike Street
There is so much information on the web these days about development, that I often miss out on things on twitter. For that reason, I find HTML newsletters amazingly simple but wonderfully nutritional for my front-end developer brain.
Below is a list of newsletters I subscribe too. I don't read every single article in every single newsletter, but if a link appears a couple of times across a few I'll start to take note (I also easily get distracted at the promise of fancy animations or cool effects).
If you have any suggestions for newsletters to subscribe to - drop me a tweet and i'll add it to the list!
This list will be constantly updated & sorted in alphabetical order
- CSS Layout News - CSS Guru Rachel Andrew collates the best CSS layout links of the week
- Front-end Dev Weekly - a clean, good-looking simple front-end round up
- FrontEnd Focus - (Formally HTML5 Weekly) A weekly overview of all things HTML5 & Web Platform
- Mozilla Developer Newsletter - A new one on the scene from the guys at MDN
- Performance Email - Web performance tools, tips, talks and resources
- Pony Foo - If i'm honest, I only signed up to this for the name, but has become a great resource for articles
- Responsive Design Weekly - All things responsive
- Smashing Email Newsletter - A round-up of Smashing Mag content, code examples and opinions
- SVG Weekly - Exactly what it says on the tin
- Sass News - News about Sass and SCSS
- Versioning - from Sitepoint, not always "web dev" links, but an interesting daily collection
- WebAIM - A newsletter focused on web accessibility
- Web Design Weekly - Round up on front end news & blog posts
- Web Development Reading List - This one is great and is often jam-packed with goodies
- UX Weekly - A collection of UX related links from the week